Mead Open Farm is delighted to be open. Over the past few weeks, we have been working hard to put extra safety measures in place to ensure we are COVID-19 secure and have implemented several new precautions, following government advice, so that we can provide a safe and enjoyable visit for everyone.
We cannot encourage or allow social gatherings of more than 6 people in one group. We are still open and can welcome as many people on site as we can safely provide a fun day out for. We allow bookings for up to 6. We appreciate families can come in varying sizes so if your household bubble is more than 6 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can advise you how to book.
These measures currently include the following, however, please note that these may change as government guidance is updated:
- Limiting the number of visitors per day to ensure visitors and staff can safely keep to the government social distancing requirements.
- We allow bookings for up to 6. if your household bubble is more than 6 please contact us at email@example.com so we can advise you how to book“
- All visitors (including our Members) must pre-book tickets in advance online so we can manage numbers safely. You will not be able to purchase tickets from the Entrance. Please note, we may also temperature check visitors on arrival.
- When booking online, visitors and Members will be required to choose an arrival time slot. Arrival slots are in place so that we can manage the number of people that arrive throughout the day, and to control the number of people at Mead Open Farm.
- Following government guidelines, the Indoor Play will remain closed until further notice. In addition, the Climbing Wall, Sky Trail and Tractor & Trailer Rides will be closed. Please note also that the Jumping Pillows are weather dependant and if it is raining, they will be closed according to health and safety guidelines. These closures will be reviewed regularly in line with government guidance.
- In our toilet facilities, we ask our visitors to follow social distancing. We ask visitors to remember to wash hands before and after using our toilet facilities. If you need to pass another person whilst entering or exiting, in line with government guidance, we ask that you turn your back to them as you walk past. A member of our team will regularly check on toilet facilities, ensuring they are clean and soap dispensers are full.
- We have placed extra Hand-sanitiser/handwash stations at the entrances, exits and at regular stops around the site and our team will be operating an increased cleaning schedule.
- Some areas of Mead Open Farm will have one-way routes through to assist with visitor flow and to ensure social distancing.
- The Grainstore Kitchen will remain open with strict limiting of entry including social distancing queuing as well as a reduced menu in place. Click Here to View the Menu
- We have introduced protective screens at some contact points. We are currently a cashless site and all visitors must pay using a card or mobile device (eg Apple Pay) rather than cash.
- Face coverings are not compulsory however, we have supplied our team with PPE visors and some may choose to wear them.
If you are not feeling well with either one or more of the symptoms of Covid-19, please do not visit Mead Open Farm, stay at home and follow government and NHS 111 advice.
Finally, we ask that we all work together to follow social distancing around Mead Open Farm, and we politely remind our visitors to keep apart from visitors from other households.
Scroll down for more FAQ’s…