1. Bookings – All bookings must be made online using the website – https://www.meadopenfarm.co.uk/activity-day-camps/. Parents/Carers must create an account prior to booking. We do not accept bookings via telephone. Our booking system retains your child/ren’s space for 10 minutes in your basket; if you have not completed your boking within the allotted time, the space will be released for others to book
2. Payments – We accept payment via credit or debit card, childcare vouchers & Tax Free Childcare & the Childcare Grant. We cannot accept payment by American Express, PayPal, cash or cheque. All bookings must be paid for in advance. Please speak to the ADC manager if you require financial assistance.
3. Childcare Vouchers & Tax Free Childcare – We accept all childcare vouchers and Government Tax Free Childcare. Please ensure that you upload your vouchers/TF Childcare as a credit onto your account in order for the booking to be successful. Guidelines on how to top up your account can be found Here.
4. Confirmation – An email confirmation will be sent to you once a booking has been confirmed. This will detail payments made. A separate email from the ADC manager will be sent to you at least a week prior to your child attending their activity day camp with further information.
5. Special Offers/Discounts – The best available price will be offered to you at the time of booking. Farm Day Nurseries cannot apply discounts retrospectively and discounts will be applied automatically at the time of your booking. Early Bird discount will end at midnight on the date specified.
6. Amending or Cancelling your booking – By adding the cover onto your bookings, this will allow you to amend and cancel your sessions online up to 48 hours prior to your child/ren attending the Activity Day Camp. Cover is charged at £1.50 per child per day. If your bookings do not have cover, all cancellations will have to be carried out by the ADC manager and an admin fee of £10 will be charged to your account. If you are wishing to cancel your booking with less than 48 hours’ notice, please speak to the ADC manager. If a booking has been cancelled, any credit remaining will be returned to your account for future bookings. We recommend parents/carers to take out the cover in case of illness or change of circumstances.
7. Refunds – All refunds must be sent to the ADC manager via email – we cannot accept refund requests over the telephone. Refunds will be sent back to the source where the funds were received from; please note, Eden Red childcare vouchers do not accept refunds. For refunds back to your child/ren’s TF Childcare account, please ensure that you provide us with the URN 13 digit number for us to process your transaction.
8. Your Child’s Information – It is the responsibility of the person making the booking that all details provided are accurate in particular full information about each child, medical details, dietary requirements, emergency contact information and additional needs we need to be made aware of. Please ensure that your account details are correct at the time of booking.
9. Child Protection – Staff have a duty to respond if they suspect a child may be suffering from, or makes disclosures about abuse. In this event, the staff will contact the relevant local authority & act upon their advice.
10. Staff Ratio – All of our activity day camps are Ofsted registered & therefore adhere to Ofsted standard ratios. Our current ratios are 1:8 in line with our preschool admission.
11. Special Requirements – Farm Day Nurseries recognises that the needs of individual children vary, and will endeavour to accommodate children with specific needs and/or medical conditions within the camp environment. It is our policy not to exclude any child due to specific needs and/or medical conditions wherever possible.
12. Notice of absence – If a child is not attending a scheduled day on camp, parents/carers must telephone the Camp Manager or Head Office to allow us to update records.
13. Illness & First Aid – Farm Day Nurseries requires that all children who are ill or infectious be kept home for the full duration of their ailment, and for 48 hours after the last symptom occurs. Farm Day Nurseries will only administer medication if it has been prescribed by a doctor or other health professional. In the event of an accident, First Aid will be administered to the children in our care & emergency services will be called if necessary. Essential prescribed medication such as EpiPens must be handed in to the AD manager for safekeeping. All Farm Day Nursery First Aid policies are in line with Ofsted recommendations.
14. Child Exclusion – Farm Day Nurseries has a responsibility for ensuring the well-being and safety of all children in our care and have approved procedures for managing behaviour. The company follows a zero tolerance policy on discrimination, bullying and persistent poor behaviour of any kind, irrespective of any special needs. On rare occasions, and in more serious cases, we reserve the right to ask parents to remove children from camp either for the remainder of the day (part exclusion), or for the rest of the season (full exclusion). No refund will be made for any remaining days booked, and any costs associated with the exclusion will be the parents’ responsibility. We reserve the right to exclude a child at any time prior to or during a session due to illness. The parent/carer will be expected to come and collect their child.
15. Late Collection – All children MUST be collected by 6pm (unless timings are otherwise specified at time of booking). If for any reason you are unable to collect by 6pm, we ask that you call the ADC manager as soon as possible. Two members of staff will wait with your child until they are collected. You will be charged a late collection fee of £5 for every 5 minutes after 6pm to cover the additional staffing cost. If we have no contact from a parent/guardian by 6.30pm, we will contact Social Services to advise them we have an uncollected child. We reserve the right to refuse future bookings from parents who continually pick up late.
16. Personal Property – All your child’s personal property is your responsibility and Farm Day Nurseries is not liable for any lost or damaged property on camp. If you believe that your child has left an item on camp, please contact the Camp Manager who will do their best to assist you. Lost property will remain on camp until the last day of the season and should be collected before the last day. Unclaimed lost property will be donated to charity if they remain uncollected.
17. Photography/Filming & Other Permissions – Please be aware that Farm Day Nurseries occasionally take photographs/video footage of children on camp for promotional reasons and social media usage All permissions will have been completed at the time of registration, if you wish for your child to opt out of any photography/filming/social media, please inform the ADC manager
18. Policies & Procedures – For our full policies and procedures document, please email our customer services team.
19. Complaints – If you have any complaints, please liaise with the ADC Manager. If you are unable to resolve your complaint, please liaise with the Senior Manager of the activity day camp.In the unlikely event that your complaint cannot be resolved, you may wish to contact Ofsted on 0300 123 1231.
20. Data Protection – Farm Day Nurseries is registered as a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 (GDPR from 25th May 2018). To process your booking, we need to collect personal details about you and your children. We will treat it as confidential and keep it secure, complying with all relevant UK legislation. We will use your email address and telephone number to contact you with information that relates to any bookings that you make and any information that we might need that relates to the welfare of your child. We never pass your details to Third Party Suppliers.