If you are looking for a fantastic fun and educational day out for your class, Mead Open Farm offers the perfect school trip, combining animal activities and fun play activities in one day out.
Mead Open Farm’s school trip package gives you full access to all the animal activities, outdoor play and Shaggy’s huge PlayWorld and is designed with the needs of schools in mind.
The Farmyard Experience for Schools
Getting close to animals is a magical and memorable experience for all young children. The Farmyard Experience is great for Early Years and both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 children – giving children of all ages the opportunity to bottle feed lambs, stroke rabbits and guinea pigs at Bunny Hop sessions and have a Tractor & Trailer Ride.
Children can also milk “Molly the Milkable Cow”! Molly is an interactive cow that not only shows children where milk comes from and what it would be like to milk a real cow by hand but is also incredibly fun.
- Full entry to Mead Open Farm
- An allocated time for Bottle Feeding Lambs and Bunny Hop
- A reserved Tractor & Trailer Ride (April-September, weather permitting)
- Lamb National sheep race (daily at 1pm, April to October)
- NEW! Interactive (mechanical) Cow Milking for the children to take part in
- FREE coach and car parking
- FREE Animal Feed for the children to share
- An indoor picnic room as well as outdoor picnic areas
- FREE planning visit for trip organisers to carry out risk assessments
And So Much More!
In between or after the scheduled activities of your chosen package, there’ll be plenty of time to discover all the other activities at Mead Open Farm. From running, jumping, sliding and swinging in Shaggy’s huge indoor PlayWorld or in the new Topsy Turvy Towers Outdoor Adventure Playground, to learning about lots of different animals and picking a winning sheep in the Lamb National (held at 1pm daily, April to October), there is so much to do!
Click here to book a School Trip to Mead Open Farm.
One adult free for every four paying children.
Additional adults – See above adult prices.
Under 2s go FREE.
Minimum group size of 20 paying visitors and must be pre-booked.
How to Book
At Mead Open Farm, we make it as easy as possible to book your group visit or school trip. Do please book as soon as possible, however, as we do limit numbers on busy days.
- Reserve a date first: call 01525 852954 or email us at email@example.com to check availability. Please indicate whether it is a group or school package you would like to book, along with your preferred dates.
- Once you have reserved your date, either download a School Trip Booking Form and return it by post or in person to the Farm Office with a cheque made payable to Mead Open Farm Ltd. We have a different booking form for groups and schools and we must receive this to grant you your group discount.
Alternatively, fill out the booking form ONLINE by clicking here.
- Group leaders and teachers can visit Mead Open Farm prior to their visit to complete their own risk assessment.
- On the day of your booking, please make full payment for your group. To eliminate queues on arrival all entry fees must be paid as one payment by cash or card.
- And finally, enjoy your day out! Please read our Plan Your Visit and Health & Safety Information pages to obtain the most from your visit.Please note that socks must be worn in Shaggy’s PlayWorld, and there are some height and age restrictions on some of the activities such as the Sky Trail and Giant’s Rock climbing wall.
We have created a risk assessment form to assist group organisers, school teachers and others in drawing up their own risk assessments. Please click here to download the risk assessment form.
Advice to Teachers